10 Benefits Of A Hot-stones Massage
- A good way to manage stress. Studies show that stress is the number one root of a lot of diseases and disorders. Whether it’s stress from work, home or daily activities, the result is the same: too much stress can lead to health problems. And because we can never run away from it, the only way to deal with it is to manage stress efficiently. A hot stone massage offers some relaxing time for your mind and does wonders in releasing muscular tension. Thus this is one of the best ways to relieve you of stress.
- Muscle relaxation. The heat in the stones enable the muscles to loosen up and relax. This makes it easier for deep tissue manipulation.
- Improves health conditions. More and more doctors are beginning to recommend this therapy as part of medical treatment of a lot of health problems such as Arthritis, Hypertension and musculoskeletal problems.
- Helps you sleep better. It’s really hard to get a good quality sleep when you’re over doing it. With the relaxation you get from this treatment, it makes it easier for you to doze off into a deep sleep which your body needs to recuperate from daily stress and strains.
- Relieves pain. Manipulation of muscles can reduce muscle spasm and give comfort to painful muscles, from back pain or muscle aches this treatment can help!
- Improves blood circulation and flow The stones are placed on key points of your body known as energy centres which are sometimes clogged or blocked.
- Allows for easy rehabilitation. Massage can help recovery from injuries such as sprains and strains
- Releases toxins from your body. When muscles are massaged, toxins that are clogged within the body & muscles are released. This is why, it’s advised that clients drink plenty of water after a session to help flush out those unwanted toxins.
- It’s only human to crave for hugs and affection. But since our loved ones are not always within a hug’s reach, having a hot stone massage is a good alternative to suffice this need.
- Gives you a happy feeling. A calming and soothing massage can do wonders in giving you an emotional boost, leaving you with a happier and more positive outlook in life.
- Taking a break from work and from life is a necessity that most people overlook and take for granted. No, you don’t need to fly and have a vacation every once a week. Just being able to give yourself some down time to unwind and relax is a healthy habit.
Previous: How Often Should I Have A Massage? | Next: Why Gel Over Acrylic Nails?